WORCESTER CO., Md. - Black cats are some of the least adopted cats in shelters, and one local rescue organization is hoping to change that with help from an adoption special.
The Worcester County Humane Society says that for the entire month of August, they're waiving adoption fees on black cats. Why August, you ask? Well, because August 17th is Black Cat Appreciation Day! So in celebration of the special breed, all black cats will be free for the whole month.
Interested adopters still will need to fill out an application, but when it comes time to pay the fee, there is none!
There are plenty of cuties to choose from at the Humane Society located at 12330 Eagles Nest Road, in Berlin. Feel free to stop by and say hi during regular visiting hours, Tuesday through Sunday 11 AM until 5 PM, or visit Worcester County Humane Society's website to see who they have available!
- Local lawmakers react to agreement to end government shutdown; House vote remains
- Three arrested in connection with Dover drug investigation
- Md. governor unveils $5 billion package to woo Amazon
- Man charged in alleged assault in Harrington
- Three sought in connection to Dover armed robbery
- Authorities: Four suspects sought after robbing armored truck driver in Salisbury