ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A woman pleaded guilty to being an accessory to rape on Thursday, in Accomack County.
According to the Accomack County Commonwealth Attorney, Ruth Ann Carpenter, pleaded guilty to rape as an accessory after the fact, indecent liberties as accessory after the fact and felony child abuse. She was sentenced to 12 months on each of the crimes for which she was an accessory and 10 years on the felony.
All the time served was suspended. This comes after Khalil Muslimani was convicted on rape and indecent liberties with a child under 14. The jury recommended a life sentence and 10 years with a 100,000 fine for the indecent liberties charge.
Officials say that Muslimani and Carpenter were not legally married at the time and that although Carpenter was in poor health, she cooperated fully with the investigation.
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery