WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. - An exciting day on Wallops Island turned into disappointment on Saturday.
The Orbital ATK Antares launch set for Saturday morning was scrubbed. This is because an aircraft was detected in the vicinity of the launch pad just one minute before its launch.
Both air and sea space need to be clear in order for the rocket to head out.
The Antares rocket carries Orbital ATK's Cygnus spacecraft. It has more than 7,000 lbs. of food, clothing and experiments for the International Space Station.
The next launch attempt is set for Sunday morning at 7:14 a.m.
- Two suspects arrested on gun charges after reportedly firing handgun into the air in Salisbury
- Police: Four arrested after search finds 220 grams of marijuana in Salisbury
- UPDATE: Causes of Sussex Co. fires identified; incidents caused over 900K in damages
- Multiple state attorneys general sue to block net-neutrality repeal
- Crisfield man sentenced in Somerset Co. sex abuse case
- UPDATE: Three guilty in 2017 store arson in Salisbury