WALLOPS ISLAND, Va. - An exciting day on Wallops Island turned into disappointment on Saturday.
The Orbital ATK Antares launch set for Saturday morning was scrubbed. This is because an aircraft was detected in the vicinity of the launch pad just one minute before its launch.
Both air and sea space need to be clear in order for the rocket to head out.
The Antares rocket carries Orbital ATK's Cygnus spacecraft. It has more than 7,000 lbs. of food, clothing and experiments for the International Space Station.
The next launch attempt is set for Sunday morning at 7:14 a.m.
- Food pantry giving away Thanksgiving dinner boxes
- DHSS looking for donors for Adopt-A-Family holiday program to provide gifts
- Ocean City recruiting summer police officers
- OC continues ongoing beach renourishment project that reduces coastal storm risks
- Made On Delmarva: Amused Studios
- County considers changes to scholarship fund