VIRGINIA - Three men are still wanted after police say an undercover drug investigation leads to 50 indictments of individuals in Accomack County and Northampton County.
The Virginia State Police says that the Eastern Shore Drug Task Force which included members of the Accomack County Sheriff's Office, Northampton County Sheriff's Office, and the Virginia State Police, concluded a 16 month investigation, on July 12. Authorities say the long term undercover narcotic investigation is known as "Operation Firecracker."
According to the report, 50 people have been indicted as a result of Operation Firecracker on Virginia's Eastern Shore. According to officials, the suspects face charges including distribution of heroin, cocaine and prescription drugs.
Authorities are still looking for three of the suspects. The task force says that 26-year-old Devon Lamar Hinmon of Atlantic, 34-year-old Dewayne Lamont Walker of Painter, and 39-year-old Andrew Cornell Johnson of Exmore, are still wanted on drug related charges.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Hinmon, Walker, or Johnson is asked to call the Eastern Shore Drug Task Force at 757-414-0746, the Accomack County Sheriff's Office at 757-787-1131, or the Northampton County Sheriff's Office at 757-678-0458.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.