ACCOMAC, Va. - Virginia State Police are investigating a tractor trailer accident that happened Friday morning on Lankford Highway near Accomac that sent one person to the hospital.
Police say the accident happened shortly before 9 AM. No other vehicles were involved in the accident, officials said.
The truck reportedly left the roadway and struck power lines on the side of the highway.
The driver was transported to Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital.
Lanes on Route 13 were shut down while the roadway was cleared and an investigation began.
The Parksley Volunteer Fire Company and the Accomack County Regional Hazmat Team both responded to the crash.
This story will be updated as more details arrive.
- Trial postponed for man charged in fatal Sinepuxent Bay boating accident
- Warning Signs: Part Two
- Prisoner transported from Wicomico Co. escapes custody at Jessup psychiatric hospital
- Former Delaware governor to ride bike across United States
- Millsboro man on death row re-sentenced to life in prison
- Wife of slain Delaware trooper says he was proud of his work