ACCOMAC, Va. - Virginia State Police are investigating a tractor trailer accident that happened Friday morning on Lankford Highway near Accomac that sent one person to the hospital.
Police say the accident happened shortly before 9 AM. No other vehicles were involved in the accident, officials said.
The truck reportedly left the roadway and struck power lines on the side of the highway.
The driver was transported to Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital.
Lanes on Route 13 were shut down while the roadway was cleared and an investigation began.
The Parksley Volunteer Fire Company and the Accomack County Regional Hazmat Team both responded to the crash.
This story will be updated as more details arrive.
- Police Still Looking for Persons Involved in Salisbury Shooting
- Delaware State Police: Gold Alert issued for missing Milford man
- Four arrested after robbing a pharmacy in Delaware and fleeing to Maryland
- Salisbury Police investigate shooting that leaves two injured
- UMES students ask for more school transparency
- SBY events become a bit greener thanks to new grants