WILLIAMSBURG, Va. - (AP) - Authorities are identifying a 91-year-old woman who was killed when an aircraft crashed into the Virginia condominium where she lived.
Virginia State Police said in a release Monday that Jean Lonchak Danylko of Williamsburg was killed. She lived in one of the units beneath the crash. Police say they don't have information about the pilot or the aircraft, citing structural safety.
The crash occurred Sunday afternoon in Williamsburg, starting a fire in the building. Neighbors told local news outlets they saw a small, rickety helicopter crash and heard or felt the impact.
Officials say firefighters worked through the night to put out the fire and hot spots in the building.
The National Transportation Safety Board plans a news conference Monday afternoon.
- Town resident raising concerns over storm water management
- Candidate for Governor goes toe to toe with Hogan
- DNREC announces first finding of West Nile virus in birds
- Delaware National Guard opens $12 million state-of-the-art facility for military vehicles
- Youth helping youth at summer service weekend
- Demand for more volunteer firefighters in Delaware