ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - A man is facing life in prison and a fine, after officials say he was found guilty of raping a child back in 1986, in Accomack County.
According to the Accomack County Commonwealth Attorney, on Wednesday, Khalil Muslimani was convicted of rape and indecent liberties with a child under 14. The jury recommended a life sentence for the rape charge and 10 years with a $100,000 fine for the indecent liberties charge.
The trial was moved to Virginia Beach after a motion from the defendant. Muslimani, along with a Louisiana woman, were charged with raping a 13-year-old girl in the summer of 1986, in Accomack County.
Muslimani raped the victim between June and August of 1986.
- Dover man convicted for role in 2017 robbery, assault
- Teen charged in connection to assault incident in Caroline Co.
- Man arrested in connection to armed robbery in Caroline Co.
- Police: Multiple vehicles, a home hit in Smyrna shooting; investigation ongoing
- Foodie Friday: Tacos Chabelita
- Hiker/biker trail coming to Route 413 corridor in Crisfield