CHINCOTEAGUE, Va. - Virginia’s Eastern Shore is finally seeing its very first craft brewery in Chincoteague.
Black Narrows Brewery hopes to add economic growth and agricultural production to the area.
For some background, the owners used to vacation on the island and they wanted to fulfill their dreams of opening up a shop on Chincoteague. Well their dreams have come true!
Beyond serving up seven beers on tap, they hope to serve the community as well.
For the owners, Chincoteague has always been a home away from home and they wanted to give Black Narrows that same feel.
We're told they are focusing on local and seasonal beers rather than one particular style.
For Valentines Day weekend, the island is hosting an event called "Death by Chocolate" and they are releasing a cocoa bean infused stout for the big event.
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Officials: Cause identified in Dorchester Co. house fire
- Transit police officer convicted in terrorism case regrets behavior
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects two gun rights appeals