MELFA, Va. - A leader of a local community college will apparently be stepping down after leading the institution for eight years, in Accomack County.
The Eastern Shore Community College (ESCC) says on Monday, that the President of ESCC Dr. Linda Thomas-Glover will be stepping down effective mid-January 2018, in Melfa. Dr. Thomas Glover has held the position of ESCC President since 2009. Officials report that Dr. Thomas-Glover has accepted a position as a Vice-President with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, in Atlanta, GA.
An interim president is reportedly expected to be named by the Chancellor of the Virginia Community College System within the next several weeks. An official search will apparently begin shortly after the New Year.
- Food pantry giving away Thanksgiving dinner boxes
- DHSS looking for donors for Adopt-A-Family holiday program to provide gifts
- Ocean City recruiting summer police officers
- OC continues ongoing beach renourishment project that reduces coastal storm risks
- Made On Delmarva: Amused Studios
- County considers changes to scholarship fund