MELFA, Va. - A leader of a local community college will apparently be stepping down after leading the institution for eight years, in Accomack County.
The Eastern Shore Community College (ESCC) says on Monday, that the President of ESCC Dr. Linda Thomas-Glover will be stepping down effective mid-January 2018, in Melfa. Dr. Thomas Glover has held the position of ESCC President since 2009. Officials report that Dr. Thomas-Glover has accepted a position as a Vice-President with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, in Atlanta, GA.
An interim president is reportedly expected to be named by the Chancellor of the Virginia Community College System within the next several weeks. An official search will apparently begin shortly after the New Year.
- First trial set for man accused of shooting six in two states
- Join Ocean City in annual beach district planting event
- Merchant's Attic event draws thousands of bargain hunters
- Officials attempting to accelerate Convention Center renovation funding
- Greenwood Volunteer Fire Company Deputy Chief passes away
- Officials release update on Blades residents' drinking water