ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - On Thursday, the Virginia Department of Transportation announced bridge lifts scheduled for September, in Chincoteague.
VDOT says their crews are planning two separate lifts at the Chincoteague Bridge, on Chincoteague Road (Route 175), that will impact traffic in both directions, on September 21. According to officials, this project will happen between approximately 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM. The lifts are apparently expected to last no longer than 25 minutes each and are a part of a routine testing on the emergency drives.
Drivers should expect delays.
- One year after fire, Wicomico Yacht Club is halfway through rebuilding
- Delmarva families follow a Christmas star to Bethlehem
- Local coffee shop looking to revive Crisfield's downtown area
- Developmental center seeking mentors for program
- UPDATE: Smyrna prison riot lawsuit ends with over $7 Mil. settlement in Del.
- Woman pleads guilty to accessory to rape charges in Accomack Co.