ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. - On Thursday, the Virginia Department of Transportation announced bridge lifts scheduled for September, in Chincoteague.
VDOT says their crews are planning two separate lifts at the Chincoteague Bridge, on Chincoteague Road (Route 175), that will impact traffic in both directions, on September 21. According to officials, this project will happen between approximately 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM. The lifts are apparently expected to last no longer than 25 minutes each and are a part of a routine testing on the emergency drives.
Drivers should expect delays.
- Wicomico Co. Airport to receive $1.2 mil DOT grant
- Wicomico Health Officials are Hiring
- Police looking for suspects after assault at the Cookout drive thru in Salisbury
- Man Electrocuted at Wicomico Landfill
- Woman arrested on DUI charges after leaving Wicomico Co. school
- Crisfield woman charged in connection with heroin investigation