ACCOMAC, Va. - An Accomack County man has been convicted for shooting a dog last June, according to the Accomack County Commonwealth's Attorneys Office.
Samuel Howarth was found guilty of felony animal cruelty and ordered to pay a $2,500 fine, Commonwealth's Attorney J. Spencer Morgan said.
Howarth was accused of shooting and killing a Jack Russell terrier last June, claiming he did so in self-defense.
- ACA open enrollment deadline fast approaching
- Sussex Habitat struggling to find local affordable housing
- New county website
- AGH offers support group to families who've lost someone to addiction
- Representative Schwartzkopf hopes to turn a Delaware State Troop into rehab center
- Salisbury City Council votes to hire firm to redesign busy intersection into roundabout