WASHINGTON - (AP) - More than a million Virginia residents are expected to travel to celebrate July Fourth.
AAA made the projection in a statement Wednesday, saying it expects 1.2 million Virginians to travel 50 miles or more from home. The projection is a 3 percent increase over 2016.
One million Virginians are expected to drive to their destinations, and there's good news for drivers. AAA also says that as of Tuesday, Virginia gas prices are on average $2.03 per gallon. That's 10 cents less than at this time last year.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested