DELAWARE, USA - Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time where the whole family can gather around and enjoy a meal.
And this year the Delaware Transit Corporation is trying to ensure everyone has a chance to do that.
The DART system is teaming up with the Food Bank of Delaware to "Stuff the Bus".
It's a Thanksgiving food drive that will kick off next month.
From November 6-11, a DART bus will be parked at several sites around the state to collect for people in need.
DART says the goal of this year's drive is to get 20 tons of food.
Patty Boyd is with DART and says the drive will feed folks over the holidays with all kinds of non-perishable goods.
"Everyday condiments like flour sugar or laundry detergent paper products, personal care they even accept pet food. When we think about thanksgiving when we are doing these food drives a d it is for Thanksgiving but these people also need food on an everyday basis too."
We're told there will be several collection sites Including the Acme in Rehobeth and the Walmart in Milford.
If you'd like to help out with this effort, contact the Food Bank of Delaware at 302-292-1305.
You can also check out the Food Bank of Delaware's website at: FBD.org
- Wicomico County Sheriff's Office offering law enforcement explorer program for teens
- Coastal storm pounds Ocean City
- Md. first responders discuss crisis intervention strategies
- Cape Henlopen School District pushes referendum to add more classroom space
- DelDOT preps for Nor'easter
- Authorities release new details on Hebron horse farm