TANGIER ISLAND, Va. - Some visitors have been spotted in the Chesapeake Bay. The photos, taken by waterman Greg Brown, were posted to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Facebook page on Wednesday.
CBF says the photos were taken on Saturday in the Tangier Island area.
Officials from CBF say the shark spotted was likely a bull shark.
The Foundation says the bull shark sighting is not out of the ordinary for this time of year, especially considering the very warm temperatures we've had lately.
Other sharks you can typically see in our area include sandbar sharks, sand tiger sharks, spiny dogfish and smooth dogfish.
A little less common, we will occasionally see a hammerhead or tiger shark in the bay.
- Worc. Co. resident looking to start first sober living home in the county
- Maryland Senate OKs bill to revive bail system
- Maryland Senate panel OKs ban on fracking
- Trump lawyers ask court to move quickly on travel ban appeal
- Salisbury chiropractor facing tax fraud charges
- Police pursuit ends in crash at Dover car dealership; two arrested on drug charges
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »