TANGIER ISLAND, Va. - Some visitors have been spotted in the Chesapeake Bay. The photos, taken by waterman Greg Brown, were posted to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Facebook page on Wednesday.
CBF says the photos were taken on Saturday in the Tangier Island area.
Officials from CBF say the shark spotted was likely a bull shark.
The Foundation says the bull shark sighting is not out of the ordinary for this time of year, especially considering the very warm temperatures we've had lately.
Other sharks you can typically see in our area include sandbar sharks, sand tiger sharks, spiny dogfish and smooth dogfish.
A little less common, we will occasionally see a hammerhead or tiger shark in the bay.
- GOP Health Plan in Virginia
- Road shuts down after crash involving tractor trailer
- Del. girl who fell from NY amusement park ride out of hospital
- Teen charged with resisting arrest, drug offenses after $5k in damages to Crisfield PD
- Two charged after allegedly throwing drugs from a moving car
- Police looking for two suspects after Dover armed robbery