PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) - Princess Anne police have arrested a woman authorities say set a billboard on fire.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office and local police say the fire was set on Friday just before 3 p.m. and damaged a privately owned billboard sign. Police say the woman set fire to the billboard because of political differences with the sign's content. The fire caused about $800 in damages.
D'Asia Perry, 19, has been charged with second-degree arson, malicious burning, trespassing, obstruction and hindering, and the commission of a hate crime. She has been released on a $20,000 bond.
Police are still searching for a second suspect involved in the incident.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPDATE: Del. authorities, feds identify bandage disguised robber
- Wanted Seaford man arrested on drug and gun charges
- A look at current weather conditions in Ocean City and Cambridge
- Wicomico Co. real estate agent, council candidate arrested on DUI charges
- Md. man convicted in 2017 death of 18-day-old child
- Senior citizen guilty in Wicomico Co. sex abuse case