WASHINGTON - (AP) - Utilities are reporting that they've restored power to many customers who lost power after high winds and a mix of snow and ice caused tens of thousands of outages in the mid-Atlantic.
Delmarva Power reports more than 12,000 customers in the dark in New Castle County, Delaware, on Wednesday morning. The utility says it has restored power to 68,000 customers in Maryland and Delaware.
Maryland officials report about 3,500 outages around the state, including about 2,000 Delmarva Power customers in Cecil County. Officials say power has been restored to about 46,500 Maryland customers.
Dominion Power reports about 1,200 customers in the dark in Virginia, mostly in the Middle Peninsula/Northern Neck and Richmond areas. It says it has restored power to more than 90 percent of customers who lost power.
- Gun in carry-on leads to charges against Delaware senator
- Dover man sentenced after being caught with a gun twice in six months
- Cheswold man sentenced after raping, then trying to hire someone to kill his wife
- Carper says repealing ACA would cripple the fight against opioid addiction
- Millsboro man pleads guilty to robbery and other charges
- Rehoboth man convicted of robbery and carjacking