DELMARVA - As of 11:30 AM on Friday, police all over Delmarva say they have been assisting those in need during the 2018 winter storm. The snow storm brought gusting winds and constant snowfall beginning on Wednesday evening, which apparently led to incidents on the roadways.
The following list of calls for accidents and disabled vehicles are an estimation as some officials say they were out on call since 12:00 AM Thursday morning. Numbers may change as the snow continues.
Delaware State Police:
Sussex County: 253 disabled vehicles; 31 incidents of property damage from crashes; 1 injury related to a crash
DSP says roads are snow covered with some icy patches. Most back roads are apparently impassable at this time.
Kent County: 63 disabled vehicles; 20 incidents of property damage from crashes; 3 injuries related to a crash
DSP says primary roads have patches of snow and ice in Kent County. Secondary roads apparently are covered with snow.
Maryland State Police:
- Maryland State Police Salisbury Barrack
- In Wicomico County: 31
- Maryland State Police Easton Barrack I: 7
- Maryland State Police Princess Anne Barrack X : 27
- Maryland State Police Berlin: 24
- Salisbury Police Department.: 44
- Worcester County Sheriff's Department: 48
- Easton Police Department: 3
- Talbot County Sheriff's Department: 7
- Accomack County Sheriff's Department: 11
47ABC will continue to update the article as information becomes available.
Stay tuned to 47ABC and 47ABC.com for the latest weather updates.
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Officials: Cause identified in Dorchester Co. house fire
- Transit police officer convicted in terrorism case regrets behavior