WORCESTER CO., Md. - If you're a cat lover, we have some good news for you!
The Worcester County Humane Society is hosting a Valentine's day special from this Sunday to next Sunday.
This special allows you to adopt any cat 14 months and older for just $14.00.
That $14.00 includes spay, neuter, microchip and shots.
Worcester County Humane Society officials say they are hoping this deal will encourage more people to adopt older cats, who usually get passed up by the kittens each year.
Tina Walas, a volunteer and board member at Worcester County Humane Society said, "Right now, we have about a 110 cats who qualify for this special they're 14 months or older. We have many many cats who have been here for years and kitten season is right around the corner so we really need to get some of them adopted."
The Worcester County Humane Society also has a senior to senior special where people aged 65 and older can have their adoption fee waived for any cat aged 8 years and older.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond