SALISBURY, Md. - Wicomico County is hoping to raise awareness for breast cancer awareness month.
This Saturday, Women Supporting Women is hosting their 16th Annual Walk for Awareness.
This walk benefits breast cancer survivors on Delmarva and Women Supporting Women will be providing all services without a cost.
To honor those who fought the hard battle, two doves will be released at the walk.
One for survivors and another dove for a member in the community who has passed away.
All of the money raised at this event will go directly to the services provided. They hope to raise $50,000.
Something new you can expect this year, a kid zone including a bounce house.
You can also bring your dog, so this is the something the entire family can enjoy.
Registration will take place at 8:30 and the walk will officially start at 10 a.m. at Winterplace Park.
- Updated U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet
- Dover man convicted for role in 2017 robbery, assault
- Teen charged in connection to assault incident in Caroline Co.
- Man arrested in connection to armed robbery in Caroline Co.
- Police: Multiple vehicles, a home hit in Smyrna shooting; investigation ongoing
- Foodie Friday: Tacos Chabelita