SALISBURY, Md. - Wicomico County is hoping to raise awareness for breast cancer awareness month.
This Saturday, Women Supporting Women is hosting their 16th Annual Walk for Awareness.
This walk benefits breast cancer survivors on Delmarva and Women Supporting Women will be providing all services without a cost.
To honor those who fought the hard battle, two doves will be released at the walk.
One for survivors and another dove for a member in the community who has passed away.
All of the money raised at this event will go directly to the services provided. They hope to raise $50,000.
Something new you can expect this year, a kid zone including a bounce house.
You can also bring your dog, so this is the something the entire family can enjoy.
Registration will take place at 8:30 and the walk will officially start at 10 a.m. at Winterplace Park.
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged
- Updated Foodie Friday: Rare & Rye
- Officials: No one hurt in barn fire on DSU'S campus
- Missing Dover man: Marcus Carney
- Suspicious package outside Sussex Co. building reportedly interrupts traffic
- DSP: Family fights suspect in Millsboro home invasion; suspect sought