QUEENSTOWN, Md. - Police say that one woman is dead after a car crash in Queenstown on Wednesday morning.
According to Maryland State Police, around 2:00 a.m., troopers responded to a crash on Route 50 and Arrington Road in Queenstown, involving a car and a tractor trailer. A Ford Escort was traveling eastbound in a westbound lane when it crashed head-on with a tractor trailer.
Police say the car then burst into flames. The woman who was reportedly in her 40s was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say that because the crash had to be cleaned up, the road was closed for about six hours. It's unclear if alcohol or speed was a factor. The crash is under investigation.
Police say about five minutes before the crash, they received a report that a car was traveling the wrong way on Route 50; however the crash happened right before troopers were able to arrive on the scene.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.