SALISBURY, Md. - In Salisbury, the Wicomico Regional Airport has created their first annual Wings and Wheels event.
This month is aviation appreciation month, which was a big push towards the event. And Saturday marked Armed Forces Day.
They honored veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel.
The airport also displayed the military aircraft.
Crowds of people gathered to see the antique airplanes and cars, hence the name wings and wheels.
The new airport manager, Dawn Veatch, tells 47 ABC after September 11th, airports have seen many restrictions.
This event is a way to showcase their airport.
"The idea is just to get the community out here to the airport to see it inside. We wanted to bring it back to the community because it's a community airport," Veatch says.
We are told they hope to make this event even bigger and better for the years to come.
- Remaining horses on Hebron property monitored during Nor'easter
- Local farmers feeling the impacts of the latest coastal storm
- Updated Delmarva weather conditions as fourth Nor'easter hits the East Coast
- Officials: Level 1 Driving Warning in effect in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Del. authorities, feds identify bandage disguised robber
- Wanted Seaford man arrested on drug and gun charges