SALISBURY, Md. - Wicomico County is throwing a birthday bash 150 years in the making Friday night and into the weekend in Salisbury.
The celebration featured the brothers of the beard competition, which began back in June featuring competitions including mustache, partial beard, full beard, most unusual and worst beard.
Also on hand were members of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, and a party along the downtown plaza.
The festivities came to a standstill when the old courthouse came alive with lighting as confetti flew.
The courthouse had been under construction for the past four and a half months following a lightning strike last summer.
"It's beautiful. The plaza is full, down here is full. Bringing in combination with third friday was definitely a win situation for everybody," said Wicomico County Executive Bob Culver.
The celebrations continue Saturday night with a galla being thrown at Salisbury University by the Greater Salisbury Committee. It is a black tie optional event, open to all ticket buyers.
- Gov. Hogan urges reauthorization of children's health program
- Two flown to Shock Trauma after four-vehicle crash in Easton
- Police: Trash truck fire closes down highway for over an hour in Talbot Co.
- Berlin home engulfed in blaze; Investigation ongoing
- Md. lawmakers update policy on sexual harassment
- United States budget deficit totals $138.5 billion in November