WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - Due to rising requests from citizens, the County Executive has authorized the Department of Finance to accept pre-payments of the July 2018 real estate tax from those interested in participating, pursuant to the requirements listed.
The pre-payment window will reportedly extend from Friday, December 22 until next Friday, December 29, at 5:00 PM. After that date, pre-payments will not be accepted until the 2018 real estate tax bills are issued next July.
• Property Owners understand that Wicomico County is not providing tax advice by offering the pre-payment option and that they should call their tax advisor with any questions regarding Federal and State tax laws.
• The prepayment window is from Friday, December 22 until 5 PM on Friday, December 29. Any payments not received by 5 PM on December 29 will be given back to the property owner.
• Payments should be made in person at the Wicomico County Department of Finance. Mail in payments will be accepted but only if they are received before the December 29th at 5pm deadline. Payments received by the Department of Finance after the deadline, will be given back no matter the postmark date.
• The Department of Finance will supply the property owner with a payment receipt that includes the date of the payment.
All prepayments will be based on the following:
o Property owners should use their July 2017 tax bill as the basis for the payment. Prepayments greater than the July 2017 tax bill will not be accepted and given back.
o Once the July 2018 bills are made available, any shortfall is the responsibility of the taxpayer.
o If the prepayment is greater than the July 2018 Real Estate Tax Bill, the Department of Finance will issue a refund of the difference.
o No requests for a refund of the prepayment will be accepted. All prepayments will be applied towards the July 2018 Real Estate tax bill.
Anyone with questions, is encouraged to call the Wicomico County Department of Finance at 410-548-4840.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond