SALISBURY, Md. - A Wicomico County man has been found guilty on sexual abuse and assault charges, the county's state's attorney's office announced.
Richard Nathaniel Jones, 35, was convicted Wednesday of one count of sex abuse of a minor, one count of fourth degree sex offense and two counts of second degree assault.
Jones was accused of making sexual contact on two different occassions with a minor who was temporarily in his custody, officials said. The Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office says Jones' case was tried twice previously, ending in a mistrial both times. The State reportedly determined that the case's circumstances necessitated a retrial.
The Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office thanks Detective Fissel with Salisbury Police, members of the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office and members with the Child Advocacy Center for their role in the investigation.
Assistant State's Attorney Pamela M. Correa prosecuted Jones in the case.
- Police investigate multiple cases of credit card fraud in Kent Co.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing