SALISBURY, Md. - Officials say that construction of the new replacement of the West Salisbury Elementary School is on schedule and on budget on Wednesday.
The $28 million dollar school will open in time for the 2018-2019 school year. Officials say that it is double the size of the old West Salisbury building that was over five decades old going from 30,000 square feet to over 61,000 square feet.
It will be home to 350 students and it will feature classrooms with interactive whiteboards, a cafeteria/gymnaisum combo and rely on geo-thermal heating.
- Worcester County STEM students offered opportunity to work in career fields
- Not My Child hopes to continue conversation about opioids
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues
- Inmate claims "torture" after JTVCC uprising; DOC and COAD deny claims
- Day One of Hammond Taylor trial
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office