FRUITLAND, Md. - Officials are currently working to repair a water main break that happened in Fruitland, on Wednesday morning.
According to the City of Fruitland, a water main break happened around 9:45 a.m. on the west side of city, after workers were installing a street sign and they accidentally hit a water main.
The city is working to repair the issue, but it's unclear when it will be completely fixed. Officials say that they have received several calls about the issue, so they are not sure how many people have been affected. No one has been hurt.
Wicomico County Public Schools posted on social media that Fruitland Intermediate School was without water, due to the water main problem.
Students, who were eating lunch around noon, were taken to Fruitland Primary by bus around 12:30 p.m. Dismissal will be from Fruitland Primary School, with walkers shuttled back to Fruitland Intermediate.
Bennett Middle School parents were told that due to the water main break, there would be no after school activities on Wednesday.
Fruitland Police tells 47 ABC that water is off from School Street to Camden Avenue because of the break.
- Remaining horses on Hebron property monitored during Nor'easter
- Local farmers feeling the impacts of the latest coastal storm
- Updated Delmarva weather conditions as fourth Nor'easter hits the East Coast
- Officials: Level 1 Driving Warning in effect in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Del. authorities, feds identify bandage disguised robber
- Wanted Seaford man arrested on drug and gun charges