SALISBURY, Md. - A wanted man was arrested after deputies say he tried to board a flight without proper ID at the Salisbury Airport.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says on Tuesday, around 6:30 AM, a deputy was assisting TSA personnel at the Salisbury Airport with verifying the identity of a passenger who was attempting to board a flight without proper identification. During that time, authorities say they discovered that he man was currently wanted in Cecil County, MD on a bench warrant. Law enforcement identified the man as 24-year-old Matthew Pennington of Middletown, DE.
Authorities say they arrested Pennington and located heroin in his possession.
He was charged with possession of heroin and failure to appear.
The 24-year-old was detained in the Wicomico County Detention Center in lieu of a total of of $5,000 bond for the bench warrant and the drug charges.
- Town resident raising concerns over storm water management
- Candidate for Governor goes toe to toe with Hogan
- DNREC announces first finding of West Nile virus in birds
- Delaware National Guard opens $12 million state-of-the-art facility for military vehicles
- Youth helping youth at summer service weekend
- Demand for more volunteer firefighters in Delaware