DORCHESTER COUNTY, Md. - A wanted man is facing charges, after authorities say he was involved in illegal drug sales, in Dorchester County.
The Dorchester County Sheriff's Office says on Monday, members of the Capitol Area Fugitive Task Force arrested 46-year-old Eldridge Hooper of Hurlock. Authorities say that Hooper was wanted in connection with the illegal sales and possession of cocaine in and around Dorchester County.
According to the report, the arrest stems from an investigation earlier in the year where Hooper sold cocaine to an undercover police officer. Hooper was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, and distribution of cocaine.
He is currently being held on a $500,000 bond.
During this investigation, the Dorchester County Narcotics Task Force was assisted by the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office, the Cambridge Police Department, the Hurlock Police Department, A.T.F. and the Dorchester County State's Attorney's Office.
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues