DORCHESTER COUNTY, Md. - A wanted man is facing charges, after authorities say he was involved in illegal drug sales, in Dorchester County.
The Dorchester County Sheriff's Office says on Monday, members of the Capitol Area Fugitive Task Force arrested 46-year-old Eldridge Hooper of Hurlock. Authorities say that Hooper was wanted in connection with the illegal sales and possession of cocaine in and around Dorchester County.
According to the report, the arrest stems from an investigation earlier in the year where Hooper sold cocaine to an undercover police officer. Hooper was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, and distribution of cocaine.
He is currently being held on a $500,000 bond.
During this investigation, the Dorchester County Narcotics Task Force was assisted by the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office, the Cambridge Police Department, the Hurlock Police Department, A.T.F. and the Dorchester County State's Attorney's Office.
- Perdue rolls out new environmental goals for 2022
- Delmarva Star: Calling all local singers
- More road closures expected for the Salisbury Bypass
- Salisbury Zoo hosts 30 annual Earth Day celebration
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant