SALISBURY, Md. - Monday morning was a busy day for volunteers of the Ernie Bond Memorial Book Drive.
Volunteers picked up dozens of boxes filled with books from pick-up sites throughout the county. Last month, community members kicked off this book drive in honor of Doctor Ernie Bond. He was a Salisbury University professor that specialized in children and young adult literature.
Salisbury community members are remembering him by making books more available to local youth.
"These will al go to agencies throughout the county that support children, whether it's life crisis,or the Joseph house, it will also go to the Judy centers locally, and will support our Wicomico County board of education," says Cathie Thomas.
Thomas who we just saw there tells us they anticipated receiving 2,000 books, but she estimates they've collected about 5,000.
- County Seat Highway shut down after three vehicle crash in Georgetown
- Results of joint operation to battle crime are announced in Md.
- Officials hold meeting on regulations for guns in parks
- Police searching for man who robbed a Hardee's restaurant.
- Seaford church holds stand with students: prayers to break the cycle of violence vigil
- Sussex County Habitat for Humanity dedicates two rehabilitated homes