SALISBURY, Md. - Police say that a third suspect has been taken into custody in connection with a home invasion and burglary that happened in Salisbury last week.
Investigators say 35-year-old Kevin Giddens was committed to the Wicomico County Detention Center on Thursday to face charges. Giddens and 18-year-old Michael Brown are accused of breaking into a home on Naylor Street and assaulting a 69-year-old man repeatedly with baseball bats.
The man reportedly suffered significant injuries including multiple broken bones. 52-year-old Lisa Stanford was identified as an accomplice. The incident reportedly stemmed from an unpaid debt.
All three suspects face charges of attempted first degree murder, attempted second degree murder, first and second degree assault, home invasion, attempted armed robbery, attempted theft, reckless endangerment, and conspiracy.
- UPDATE: 7 more arrested in drug trafficking investigation; 25 arrests total
- Ocean City beach replenishment to get $2.45M in federal funding
- OCPD: Shop owner fined for selling untaxed cigarettes
- Body of missing waterman recovered from lower Chesapeake
- Two Philadelphia men sentenced for 2015 Dover murder
- Hogan vetoes bill restricting crime record use in school admission