WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - The body of a swimmer that was found at the Cedar Hill Park and Marina, on the Nanticoke River, on Sunday, after he tried to rescue some kayakers in distress was identified on Wednesday.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, the swimmer was identified as 46-year-old Jorge Chable of Salisbury. His cause of death was identified as accidental drowning. Police say that his family has been made aware.
Investigators say that Chable was swimming with friends at Cedar Hill Park on Sunday afternoon when he noticed two kayakers in distress. Authorities say that Chable tried to rescue the kayakers when he disappeared into the water.
The kayakers were rescued and search efforts for Chable were called off Sunday night, but they resumed on Monday morning. Chable's body was found around 1:00 PM on Monday afternoon in the Nanticoke River.
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in connection to Salisbury homicide investigation
- Officials: Teacher suffers minor injury after fight at Wicomico Co. school
- United Airlines suspends new reservations for pets in cargo hold