EASTERN SHORE, Md. - Officials say that service has been restored for AT&T customers on the Eastern Shore of Maryland on Wednesday.
According to an AT&T spokesperson, "Service has been restored for customers in the Eastern shore area of Maryland after a fiber cut in our local service provider's network on Tuesday afternoon."
Customers were experiencing a cell phone outage after a fiber cut in the local service provider's network. Officials told 47 ABC on Tuesday that technicians were working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.
Somerset County and Wicomico County officials urged customers at use another cell device or landline to call 911 or to use Wicomico County's emergency number: 410-749-4141.
- UPDATE: Del. authorities, feds identify bandage disguised robber
- Wanted Seaford man arrested on drug and gun charges
- A look at current weather conditions in Ocean City and Cambridge
- Wicomico Co. real estate agent, council candidate arrested on DUI charges
- Md. man convicted in 2017 death of 18-day-old child
- Senior citizen guilty in Wicomico Co. sex abuse case