SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury man has been convicted in connection to a Fall 2016 rape in Wicomico County.
The Office of the State's Attorney for Wicomico County reports that 34-year-old Charles Joseph Griffin of Salisbury, was convicted of rape 1st degree on Wednesday.
According to officials, Griffin followed and confronted and woman in the area of 202 Center Street in Salisbury in on October 20, 2016. Griffin then forced the victim into her backyard at knifepoint, where he forced her to have sex.
Authorities say sentencing will be postponed for a presentence investigation. Griffin will be required to register as a Tier III sex offender for life.
- Attorney weighs insanity defense in newspaper shooting
- Residents asked to write concerns down regarding potential Oak Orchard expansion
- Changes coming for ECI staffing process
- Closures to expect as the National Folk Festival
- Invasive Asian tick has made its way to Virginia and Maryland
- Back to School: Find the right backpack to prevent neck and shoulder pain