SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury man has been convicted in connection to a Fall 2016 rape in Wicomico County.
The Office of the State's Attorney for Wicomico County reports that 34-year-old Charles Joseph Griffin of Salisbury, was convicted of rape 1st degree on Wednesday.
According to officials, Griffin followed and confronted and woman in the area of 202 Center Street in Salisbury in on October 20, 2016. Griffin then forced the victim into her backyard at knifepoint, where he forced her to have sex.
Authorities say sentencing will be postponed for a presentence investigation. Griffin will be required to register as a Tier III sex offender for life.
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery
- Two arrested on drug charges after Milton traffic stop
- Meth found during vehicle search in Del.; one charged
- Amtrak: We'll halt service on tracks lacking speed controls