SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury man has been convicted in connection to a Fall 2016 rape in Wicomico County.
The Office of the State's Attorney for Wicomico County reports that 34-year-old Charles Joseph Griffin of Salisbury, was convicted of rape 1st degree on Wednesday.
According to officials, Griffin followed and confronted and woman in the area of 202 Center Street in Salisbury in on October 20, 2016. Griffin then forced the victim into her backyard at knifepoint, where he forced her to have sex.
Authorities say sentencing will be postponed for a presentence investigation. Griffin will be required to register as a Tier III sex offender for life.
- N.Y. man awarded $10 million in wrongful conviction case
- State leaders meet at School Safety Summit
- Ind. man charged after 3-year-old daughter shoots mother
- UPDATE: Missing Del. man found; gold alert canceled
- Trump: honored to be speaker at 2018 Naval Academy graduation
- No bail for alleged East Coast leader of violent MS-13 gang