OCEAN CITY, Md. - Police say that a woman died last Friday after a hit and run crash involving a bicyclist that happened last Wednesday morning in Ocean City.
According to the Ocean City Police Department, a bicyclist died last Friday after being struck last Wednesday at 3:00 AM in the area of Second Street and Philadelphia Avenue.
The bicyclist, a 21-year-old female student from Slovakia, was riding her bicycle southbound on Philadelphia Avenue when she was struck by an SUV traveling southbound.
The driver of the SUV did not stop after the crash. The victim was transported by Ocean City EMS to Peninsula Regional Medical Center. Officers identified a suspect and charges are forthcoming pending consultation with the Worcester County State's Attorney's Office.
The suspect's identity will be released when charges are filed as will the victim's identity.
- National Women Build Week, local workshops
- Perdue rolls out new environmental goals for 2022
- Delmarva Star: Calling all local singers
- More road closures expected for the Salisbury Bypass
- Salisbury Zoo hosts 30 annual Earth Day celebration
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars