OCEAN CITY, Md. - Police say that a woman died last Friday after a hit and run crash involving a bicyclist that happened last Wednesday morning in Ocean City.
According to the Ocean City Police Department, a bicyclist died last Friday after being struck last Wednesday at 3:00 AM in the area of Second Street and Philadelphia Avenue.
The bicyclist, a 21-year-old female student from Slovakia, was riding her bicycle southbound on Philadelphia Avenue when she was struck by an SUV traveling southbound.
The driver of the SUV did not stop after the crash. The victim was transported by Ocean City EMS to Peninsula Regional Medical Center. Officers identified a suspect and charges are forthcoming pending consultation with the Worcester County State's Attorney's Office.
The suspect's identity will be released when charges are filed as will the victim's identity.
- Two civil rights groups sue Del. state officials over education funding
- Seaford right to work ordinance receives mixed opinions
- Delaware hospitals and paramedics seeing a shortage of IV bags
- UPDATE: Dagsboro man sentenced for role in several 2015, 2016 rapes
- Two suspects arrested on gun charges after reportedly firing handgun into the air in Salisbury
- Police: Four arrested after search finds 220 grams of marijuana in Salisbury