CAROLINE COUNTY, Md. - A 51-year-old man is facing over 20 child pornography charges, after authorities say he was taken into custody at a home, in Caroline County.
The Caroline County State's Attorney's Office says on Tuesday, a grand jury indicted 51-year-old Christopher Baier, of Denton, on 20 counts of possession of child pornography and 20 counts of possession of child pornography with intent to distribute. Officials say each count of possession of child pornography has a 5 year maximum prison sentence and each of possession of child pornography with intent to distribute has a 10 year maximum prison sentence.
According to law enforcement, the charges stem from a four-month long investigation beginning in August, when federal and local authorities ultimately found child pornography files at Baier's home, in Denton. On Tuesday, authorities report that Baier was taken into custody and served with the indictment at his home.
He is currently being held at the Caroline County Detention Center without bond pending an appearance with the Circuit Court judge.
- Local community gives back to Salisbury Police Department
- Food pantry giving away Thanksgiving dinner boxes
- DHSS looking for donors for Adopt-A-Family holiday program to provide gifts
- Ocean City recruiting summer police officers
- OC continues ongoing beach renourishment project that reduces coastal storm risks
- Made On Delmarva: Amused Studios