PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - Rap artist Gucci Mane is set to headline UMES homecoming concert.School officials are hoping this year's event goes smoother than last year.
In 2017, campus police used pepper spray on the crowd after things got out of control as concert goers pushed through barriers to get inside. The chaos eventually lead school officials to cancel the concert.
In order to avoid something similar from happening this year, administration is adding more entrances for concertgoers and having more volunteers monitor the crowds.UMES has also been emphasizing the student event policy to concert attendees.
The university will once again be working with local police agencies to keep everyone safe.
“Homecoming is a stimulating event for the campus and we are encouraging all students to participate in the many opportunities to engage in activities planned this week. We’re asking everyone – students, their guests, alumni – to work together to make Homecoming 2018 an event to hold in high regards for many years.” says Dr. Michael Harpe, VP of Student Affairs
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet
- UPDATE: Two arrested in connection with 2017 murder investigation
- UPDATE: Wicomico Co. man sentenced for 2017 rape of relative
- Foodie Friday: Blacksmith Bar & Restaurant