PRINCESS ANNE, Md. - The University of Maryland Eastern Shore's president has announced her resignation which is effective at the end of the current academic/fiscal year, in Princess Anne.
University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) officials say on Monday, Dr. Juliette B. Bell announced her decision to step down after six years as the president of UMES. According to officials, President Bell will serve through the current academic and fiscal year (June 30).
University System of Maryland Chancellor Robert Caret will apparently oversee a search for Dr. Bell's successor and says, "In the coming weeks, I will announce the process by which the next UMES president will be selected by the Board of Regents," Caret said.
On Monday, President Bell released the following letter in regards to her resignation:
- USM names next UMES president
- Authorities post mugshot of lost dog, bail paid in cookies
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Millsboro crash
- Md. reps seeks presidential medal for slain journalist
- Updated UPDATE: Del. officials report changes at JTVCC after 2017 prison riot
- Crash results in road closure in Millsboro; investigation ongoing