PITTSVILLE, Md. - Two people are facing multiple possession charges, after police say they were arrested during a drug investigation, in Pittsville.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says on Thursday, their Emergency Response Team executed search and seizure warrant at a home in the 7000 block of Gumboro Road. Deputies say that their Community Action Team were investigating the illegal sales of narcotics from that home over the course of the last several weeks.
Authorities report that during the investigation, 32-year-old Darren Tingle, of Pittsville, was developed as a suspect. According to the report, deputies found an amount of heroin that indicated street level sales, a scale, numerous bags, multiple cell phones, numerous syringes and other related heroin paraphernalia. The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says Pittsville Elementary School is located approximately 600 feet from the home. Investigators report that 30-year-old Christopher Stophel, of Pittsville, was also found in the home.
Tingle was arrested and charged with possession of CDS with the intent to distribute in a school zone, possession of CDS with the intent to distribute: narcotic (heroin) possession of heroin, and possession of controlled paraphernalia. Stophel was arrested and charged with possession of heroin and possession of controlled paraphernalia.
Both were turned over to the Wicomico County Detention Center.
- One year after fire, Wicomico Yacht Club is halfway through rebuilding
- Delmarva families follow a Christmas star to Bethlehem
- Local coffee shop looking to revive Crisfield's downtown area
- Developmental center seeking mentors for program
- UPDATE: Smyrna prison riot lawsuit ends with over $7 Mil. settlement in Del.
- Woman pleads guilty to accessory to rape charges in Accomack Co.