EASTON, Md. - Two people were arrested, after police say they were involved in a woman's overdose death, in Easton.
The Easton Police Department says on Tuesday, they arrested 31-year-old Steven Francis Buchanan and 24-year-old Tammy Lynn Lawson in connection with a 2017 overdose death investigation, in Easton. Buchanan and Lawson were charged with involuntary manslaughter, distribution of methadone and reckless endangerment. The charges stem from an incident that happened on May 25 at Days Inn.
According to the report, on that day, in Easton, officers responded to the hotel where they found the body of 39-year-old Christine Jackson. Authorities report that an autopsy by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner revealed that Jackson overdosed on methadone. Investigators say the autopsy indicated that the cause of death was a mixed drug combination of methadone and hydroxyzine. The manner of death was apparently ruled as accidental.
Police say they learned that Buchanan and Lawson provided the methadone to Jackson.
Buchanan and Lawson are currently being held at the Talbot County Detention Center awaiting a bail review.
- State panel updates Del. revenue forecast
- Maryland legislative session reaches milestone crossover day
- Dine out 2 help out campaign
- Update :Officials offering reward in Wicomico County homicide investigation
- Seaford man faces felony charges after domestic altercation
- One dead in early morning house trailer fire in Millsboro