OCEAN CITY, Md. - Police say that two Berlin men were arrested for an armed robbery that happened last Friday morning.
On Friday, officers were contacted about an armed robbery that happened hours earlier that morning. The victim said that he was approached by two people. The victim said he and one of the suspects had come in contact with him days before. The suspects then reportedly invited the victim to join them at a party.
Police say, the group walked to the area of Washington Lane and 20th Street when the suspects each showed a firearm and demanded the victim's belongings. The suspects reportedly stole a large amount of money and other items valued at over $1,000.
Investigators identified the suspects as 19-year-old Trenton Smith and 26-year-old Darry Ames.
Smith has been charged with armed robbery, use of a firearm during a violent crime, possession of a handgun, and first and second degree assault and theft of $1,000 to under $10,000.
Ames was charged with armed robbery, first degree assault, second degree assault, theft of $10,000 to under $100,000 and possession of a replica gun.
Smith and Ames were seen by a Maryland District Court Commissioner and transferred to the Worcester County Jail without bond.
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.