SALISBURY, Md. - Two people were arrested, after police say they stole an elderly woman's purse, in Salisbury.
The Salisbury Police Department says on Tuesday, officers responded to Arby's, on Ward Street, for a reported purse snatching. After further investigation, police learned that a 81-year-old woman was approached by a man, later identified as 30-year-old Philip Farrell, of Salisbury, in the restaurant parking lot. Farrell reportedly grabbed the victim's purse from her arm and fled the area on foot. Authorities say the accomplice, 25-year-old Stacy Deustachio, of Stockton, also fled the scene with Farrell.
Officers report that the victim sustained significant bruising to her arm as a result of the robbery.
According to Salisbury PD, police found the victim's stolen property with the suspects, and arrested Farrell and Deustachio nearby within minutes of the incident.
Farrell and Deustachio were charged with robbery, assault second degree, theft-under $1,000, reckless endangerment, and disorderly conduct.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet
- Dover man convicted for role in 2017 robbery, assault
- Teen charged in connection to assault incident in Caroline Co.
- Man arrested in connection to armed robbery in Caroline Co.
- Police: Multiple vehicles, a home hit in Smyrna shooting; investigation ongoing
- Foodie Friday: Tacos Chabelita