A once family-owned shopping center could soon be seeing some national tenants following new ownership, the second in almost 40 years.
The Twilley Centre on Civic Avenue in Salisbury was just traded from the original family owners to the company Mission Dupree--a project that has been in the works for several months.
Mission Dupree says they intend to build up the businesses that are already in the complex while bringing in national retailers as well. Matt Trader with Rinnier Development, the commercial real estate company assigned to the property, says:
"We are getting calls almost daily from investors looking for new opportunities. A deal like this should help generate even more activity and more projects, which will help create more jobs for the great people our community!"
Officials with the company say hardware stores and auto parts stores are among those considering moving in. Trader says there is also a big focus on bringing in an Urgent Care as well.
- UPDATE: Del. authorities, feds identify bandage disguised robber
- Wanted Seaford man arrested on drug and gun charges
- A look at current weather conditions in Ocean City and Cambridge
- Wicomico Co. real estate agent, council candidate arrested on DUI charges
- Md. man convicted in 2017 death of 18-day-old child
- Senior citizen guilty in Wicomico Co. sex abuse case