BISHOPVILLE, Md. - Officials in Worcester County say that a car chase resulted in a crash Tuesday morning in Bishopville.
The Worcester County Sheriff's Office says that at around 10:30 AM deputies tried to stop a vehicle near St. Martin's Neck Road when the driver failed to pull over and kept going.
Soon after, the fleeing vehicle reportedly crashed into a pole and swerved into a ditch. Police say the driver became trapped, with officials having to rescue the driver.
The driver, identified as 25-year-old Brant Scheuerman of Bishopville, was transported to Peninsula Regional Medical Center where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
Police say the deputy originally tried to pull Scheuerman over for following another vehicle too closely. A search of Scheuerman revealed a large quantity of suspected heroin, officials said.
Pending Scheuerman's release from the hospital, police say he will be facing drug and fleeing charges.
- DHSS looking for donors for Adopt-A-Family holiday program to provide gifts
- Ocean City recruiting summer police officers
- OC continues ongoing beach renourishment project that reduces coastal storm risks
- Made On Delmarva: Amused Studios
- County considers changes to scholarship fund
- AAA predicts record volume of drivers for Thanksgiving