MARDELA SPRINGS, Md. - Police say that three juveniles were hospitalized after a two car crash happened in Mardela Springs on Tuesday afternoon.
Around 2:58 p.m., troopers from the Maryland State Police Salisbury Barrack responded to eastbound Route 50 and Athol Road for a report of a two vehicle crash. Investigators say that a Ford F-150 was in the median trying to make a left turn onto Athol Road from Westbound Route 50.
The Ford F-150 reportedly failed to yield the right away to a Nissan passenger car which was traveling Eastbound on Route 50, pulling directly onto its path of travel.
The Nissan then collided with the Ford F-150. Both cars sustained heavy front end damage. The driver and front right passenger of the Nissan were taken to a local hospital for injuries. Another juvenile female passenger was air lifted by Maryland State Police Aviation to a trauma center for her injuries.
The driver of the Ford F-150 reportedly refused medical treatment on the scene. He was charged with failure to yield the right of way and negligent driving.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria