QUEEN ANNE'S CO., Md. - Over 20,000 runners woke up early Sunday morning with the goal of "Beating the Bridge."
Those runners were taking part in the annual Across the Bay 10K. The race takes place on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and is organized in part by Iron Man. The race is Maryland's largest running event.
Organizers were originally worried about the weather, but it cleared up just in time for the start of the race. Participants told 47ABC it was still a beautiful race despite the gloomy skies.
If you are interested in learning more about the 10k, you can visit AcrossTheBay10k.com
- Fire officials: No injuries reported in Millsboro explosion
- After Florida shooting, Millsboro PD says they're prepped for an active shooting situation
- College of William & Mary picks first woman as president in 325 years
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.