DENTON, Md. - A teen is facing charges, after deputies say they were involved in an assault in which a broken broom handle was used, in Caroline County.
The Caroline County Sheriff's Office says on Thursday, just before 7:00 PM, deputies responded to the 27000 block of Substation Road in reference to an assault. Once on scene, authorities learned that a 15-year-old approached 25-year-old Renee Stuart, of Denton, with a broken broom handle.
According to the report, the teen then held the sharp broom handle to the victim's throat. At that point, deputies say the victim pulled away from the teen which caused the victim to sustain a laceration to her hand.
Law enforcement says the 15-year-old then went to the victim's vehicle and began to damage the hood. The damage caused to the vehicle is reportedly $200.
Deputies report that the juvenile was taken into custody and charged with first degree assault, second degree assault, and reckless endangerment.The teen is currently being held at the Lower Eastern Shore Children's Center in Salisbury.
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects two gun rights appeals
- VDOT: Mt. Prospect Bridge opens after road work in Accomack Co.
- Traffic Alert: Isabella Street closed for Dept. of Water Works project in Salisbury
- Fire crews respond to structure fire in Stockton
- Officials rush to contain, fix sewage failure in Del.
- Municipalities building from the inside-out