SALISBURY, Md. - On Thursday more than 250 educators gathered inside the Commons at Salisbury University to learn who would be named the 2017-2018 Wicomico Teacher of the Year.
The honoree was selected out of 25 semifinalists.
That person was Christen Tacka.
Tacka is an intervention teacher at Prince Street Elementary School.
School officials say that she works hard everyday to help students in various reading groups and throughout the school to become confident and successful. Tacka will begin her year as the honoree in style with a Friday morning celebration.
- Airport applying for expansion grant
- Wild Senate race has nothing on past elections in Alabama
- Informant testifies against ex-cop accused in terror trial in Va.
- Gov. Hogan urges reauthorization of children's health program
- Two flown to Shock Trauma after four-vehicle crash in Easton
- Police: Trash truck fire closes down highway for over an hour in Talbot Co.