SALISBURY, Md. - Authorities are searching for a suspect, after deputies say he robbed a convenience store in Hebron, on New Year's Day.
According to the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office, on Monday just before 7:15 AM, deputies responded to Food Rite on South Main Street in Hebron, for the report of a robbery.
Due to the nature of the case, the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigation Division was contacted and a detective responded to the scene. Investigators say that they learned that when an employee opened the business, a male suspect went into the store and demanded money from the clerk.
The suspect then reportedly pushed and threatened the victim. Several items were stolen before the suspect left the business. The victim was not injured. The suspect's vehicle is described as a dark colored small S.U.V. or crossover like vehicle. The suspect is described as a short man with a stocky to heavy set build.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Oakley at the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigation Division at 410-548-4898 or Crime Solvers at 410-548-1776.
- Police investigate multiple cases of credit card fraud in Kent Co.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing