EASTON, Md. - Police are searching for a suspect after they say he made off with cash as result of an armed robbery at an Easton gas station.
The Easton Police Department says on Sunday, around 7:23 PM, officers were dispatched to Carroll Fuels, in the 100 block of South Washington Street, for a reported armed robbery. Once on scene, police say gas station employees stated that a Black male came into store with a handgun.
According to the report, the suspect pointed the gun at the employees and demanded money. The suspect apparently ran from the scene after obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash. A brief search was conducted with the assistance of a K9 team from the Caroline County Sheriff's Office, but the suspect was not found.
According to Easton PD, the suspect is described as standing 5' 05" with a smaller build, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, a black mask, and black pants.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call the Easton Police Department at 410-822-1111.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested