WESTOVER, Md. - Maryland State Police say troopers recovered a stolen vehicle Saturday afternoon and arrested the driver on vehicle theft and drug charges.
At around 2:45 PM, troopers from the Princess Anne barrack learned of a stolen vehicle complaint out of Marion. Law enforcement in the area were alerted to be on the lookout for a red 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo with Maryland plates, officials said.
Soon after the broadcast, a trooper spotted the car on Maryland Route 413 near Westover and initiated a traffic stop.
According to police, the trooper saw a hypodermic needle with suspected heroin on the driver's seat of the car. The driver, 48-year-old Dennis Wade Robb Jr., of Marion, was taken into custody. He is charged with unlawful taking of a motor vehicle and possession of a controlled dangerous substance.
Robb was committed to the Somerset County Detention Center on a bond of $25,000, officials said.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested